Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lost & Found

"Does anyone know who this belongs to?"  How many times have you heard a teacher or camp counselor ask that?
When Amanda was injured at school we accidentally left her backpack at the Kaiser medical building. The security officer saw the label inside and called us. It reminded me how important labels are. As we prep for our trip, summer camp and the return to school I've started compulsively labeling things.

I've put stick on address labels on all of the carry-ons we'll be taking as well as the various parts of Amanda's wheelchair. I've also put them on the backs of books and DVD cases.

I bought a complete set of Mabel's Labels  for each girl just after Danielle was born. I've used them on everything from sippy cups to stuffed animals.

The one on Danielle's baby "pinkie" has been there since she was a month old. Her pinkie went everywhere with her for years - and was left behind on more than one occasion. Thank goodness for the label. It has stuck to the blanket through hundreds of washes over the past four and a half years. It may be a little worse for the wear (so is the blanket!) but it's still legible.

With shipping a set of labels cost only $24.95 - that's about 36 cents each. I will use our last name and cell phone number instead of the girls' names so I can use the labels on either of the girls' things.  I know that this supply will last for years - and will stay on anything I put them on for years as well. 

Mabel's Labels has lots of great products. I'd like to order the Loot Bag Combos for a birthday party. I'd also like the 411 Wristbands for our next trip to Disney. By now you know that I'm "frugal" - okay, I'm cheap. I buy things on sale or at the Dollar Store. So when I splurge on something you know it must be worth the money. Check out the cute new designs on their site:
The label - still holding on 4 1/2 years later!
  http://www.mabel.ca/





I'm a Mabels' Labels Buzzmama - and periodically receive free items and samples in exchange for sharing information about their products.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! I love hearing from you.