Monday, November 7, 2011

I'm a Shutterbug -- or maybe a Shutterfly

I am obsessed with photography these days. I took 151 pictures of the girls this month between trips to the pumpkin patch, Special Olympics and Halloween. To compare, I took a total of 96 photos during a 3 week trip to Kenya back in the dark pre-digital age. I can only imagine how many I would take if I'm ever lucky enough to return to Africa. I love the era of digital photography!

I not only love the ability to take so many pictures I love all of the things you can now do with your photos.  I don't make prints and stick them in albums. I create beautiful, archival quality photo books with creative layouts and captions.

I've also used the photo books to create gifts for special friends. My favorite was a children's story called "The Tale of Two Snuggle Turtles" that I wrote for a friend and her daughter.

And lets not forget holiday cards! So much better than the dry old Christmas letter filled with brags and boring facts- as they say,"a picture is worth a thousand words". Let your friends and family SEE what you've accomplished over the past twelve months.

My latest project has been to create a shower invitation for a dear friend about to have her third little boy.
Elegant Script Blue Baby Shower Invitation
View the entire collection of cards.


Shutterfly is easy to use and lots of fun. Right now they have great promotional offers for free shipping and even free cards. Check them out and get creative!

This is typical! I always have a camera in my hands

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! I love hearing from you.