Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Evil Twin

Every daytime drama or sitcom uses the plot device at least once - the evil twin. I know I have one. Or at least a decidedly evil side.

The other day I ran into a woman who doesn't like me. She used to be super-friendly because we did some business with her. By the end of our transaction I hated the fact that she showed up for every meeting in skin tight pants and teeny, tiny tank tops. I hated that she air kissed me when she saw me. I hated that she included a business card with her sympathy card when my mother passed away.

In essence, I hated her but I had to be nice to her because we shared common friends. She was a frenemy. You know as in, from the Urban Dictionary, "someone who you pretend to like but really you both know you hate each other.."

She has since moved away and I no longer see her. However, I ran into her at the mall the other day. She quickly grabbed her cell from her pocket and faked a phone call. I waved and ran up to her, pantomiming that I'd wait. I air kissed her while she carried on her one-sided conversation. I smiled and pretended to drink while mouthing "want to go get some coffee?" Finally she ended her fake conversation in desperation and hugged me. I said, "Oops! Didn't notice the time - gotta go" and walked away.

I laughed til tears ran down my face as I drove away. It was one tiny little bit of payback for all of the times she snuggled up to my husband in her itsy bitsy wardrobe, her boobs popping out while he signed papers. Now if only some one would leave a bag of flaming dog poop on her doorstep I'd feel I'd had my karmic revenge.

Where will my evil twin appear next....





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
With thanks to http://www.neatorama.com/2011/09/07/evil-twins-from-60s-television/ for the images

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! I love hearing from you.