Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Rocket Spaceship Cupcake Toppers

Cupcake Topper|DIY Cake Rocket Decorations|How to Make Rocket Cupcake Toppers|Astronaut Party

There are lots of exquisite rocket cupcake toppers for sale on Etsy. They are lovely and undoubtedly required a great deal of time and talent to produce.

Mine are much simpler in design.  That makes them very simple to make. I was inspired by the rocket shaped shelves at our local library.  The shelves are such a simple design, but very effective - and easy to copy!

This cost me nothing. I had a piece of leftover scrapbook paper. I also had toothpicks & glue on hand at home.

It took about half an hour to trace, cut and glue 15 of these cute little rocket cupcake toppers.

This is actual size - just trace from the screen.

Instructions:

  1. Start by tracing the Rocket onto a piece of cardboard. I used a left over cereal box for my template.
  2. Cut out the cardboard template
  3. Fold a piece of scrapbook paper in about 1-2 inches along the long side.
  4. Trace the template on to the white side of the paper so your lines don't show up.
  5. Cut the rocket out. You should be cutting through a double thickness of the paper.
  6. When you are done glue the white sides together, sandwiching a toothpick or lollipop stick in the middle. Allow to dry.
  7. Decorate with round windows, flames, etc. cut from other pieces of scrap paper. I used stars from the School Supply section of Dollar Tree.




Part of my rocket fleet drying




     

    No comments :

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for your input! I love hearing from you.