Monday, May 7, 2012

My Disney Essentials Kit

Theme Park Essentials
My friends all think I'm a little silly with my Disney preparations. I can't help myself! I love Disney and getting ready for the trip is all part of the fun as far as I'm concerned.

This year I'm lucky enough to have a friend who will be traveling to Disney World at the same time that we are. We're not traveling together or staying together - our trips just happened to overlap. So, naturally, I felt compelled to include her in my Disney planning. Consider it a little pixie dust...
I made us each a Disney Essentials kit. These kits contain small items that I've found helpful while visiting Walt Disney World parks. Everyone has a different idea of what is absolutely essential and what is overkill. There are a lot of things I could have included in these mini-kits, but didn't for cost or space reasons. I was able to pick up must of these items with a quick trip to WalMart and DollarTree. The small items fit easily into a purse or backpack. Each "kit" cost about $10 to put together.
Here's what I put into each:
  • Sunscreen Stick
  • Mickey Mouse Band Aids
  • Crystal Essence deodorant wipes (let's face it, the most magical place on Earth is also one of the sweatiest places on Earth)
  • SafetyTats & a Sharpie pen in case a child wanders off...
  • Eco friendly labels for cups, etc.
  • Personal battery operated fan
  • Tiny bottle of bubbles for waiting in lines (combine with the personal fan for real magic!)
  • Individual packets of powdered drink mix (to add to free cups of ice water available at any quick or counter service restaurant)
  • Glow sticks, bracelets, etc. for nighttime parades
  • Wet wipes
  • Hand sanitizer 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! I love hearing from you.