Sunday, May 29, 2011

Well, hello there,



Hi. For years I've thought I was in a unique postion. I thought I was more or less alone to handle all that life has thrown at me. Now I know I'm not. If you're reading this you may fit into one of these categories:

  • I had a child in my mid-thirties
  • I had a child in my forties
  • I have a typical child
  • I have a child with special needs
  • I've been married to the same man for decades
  • I'm in my mid-forties
If you are in any of the above groups: you're not alone either. Over the past few years I've reconnected with friends from throughout my life. Women who adopted in their thirties and forties. Women who had babies in their forties. Women and men with children with special needs. Familes balancing the crazy schedules of kids of extremely different ages. Parents struggling to keep life "normal" for a typical child with a sibiling with special needs... parents stuggling to keep it all together!

I'm not an expert in any field. I'm just a Mom who tries to do her best day in and day out. Sometimes I suceed. Sometimes I mess up. The point is, we all have successes and failures. Maybe we can share our stories here and learn from each other.

I hope to get to know you. Trust me, soon you'll know everything about me.

Stay tuned.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! I love hearing from you.