Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Simple Rocket Wand Craft

DIY Rocket Decorations|How to Make Rocket Wand|Astronaut Party


On my quest for activities for the Almost Impossible Astronaut & Ballerina Party, I got lucky and found pretty pastel star wands at Dollar Tree for the girls (3 for $1). I wanted something similar for the boys to decorate and play with. I came up with this easy craft.

I bought 30 paper rocket cut outs at Hobby Lobby for $1.99. I then bought 16 wooden dowels and 3 spools of thin ribbon at WalMart for about $2.50.

All I did was cut various lengths of red, yellow and orange ribbon. Then I glued them on to one of the rockets.

I rolled the end of a wooden dowel in glue. I outlined the rocket in more glue, place the dowel on it and then glued another cut out on top. This project  is so easy that your birthday boy or girl can help you assemble them.
 
The finished rocket wands were ready to be decorated! Each cost about 30 cents to make.


 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! I love hearing from you.