Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Stuff Kids Lose

Mabel's Labels|Lost Items
I love this time of year. The winter is coming to an end, the flowers are starting to bloom and there is so much to look forward to!

First we get to pick summer camps and plan vacations. Danielle is already signed up for a day camp at Out of The Box Art Studio. She'll need to bring a painting shirt or smock and her lunch box every day.

I'm not sure whether Amanda will be going to summer school or camp this year, but either way she is likely to be spending time with people who don't know her well. I'm not going to risk a repeat of last year when she was sent to the wrong school and no one knew who she was.With a nonverbal, autistic child labelling every item is a necessity. I even have one on Amanda's IPad. 

In addition to camps, next year Danielle will be attending a school that requires she wear a uniform. I'm thrilled because it means no more early morning battles or weird outfits (today she wore a striped dress with striped tights!) It also means that a lost coat is probably really lost. You can't exactly call the school and say, "Ours is the navy fleece jacket with the monogram" when that's what everyone has to wear.

So - naturally that means we need labels. I never have to think twice about where to buy my girls' labels. I'm a Mabel's Labels BuzzMama because they are really the best labels I've ever tried. They stick to anything and everything. With summer fast approaching  its time to order more.  They have a camp combo that comes in great colors with cute camping icons like a campfire or a canoe.

I love the color choices and fun icons. My favorites are the dolphin and the flower. However, Danielle has already chosen her icon - a tiara! How typical of her- the more glamour, the better. I think I'll order Danielle a Basic Combo Kit that comes with metal bag tags as well as stickers for her shoes.  And for Amanda, a set of skinny minis with a heart since her name means "beloved".


Disclaimer: As a Mabel’s Labels Buzzmama I'm acting as a volunteer ambassador spreading the word about products and company. I may receive free products in exchange for my involvement in the program.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! I love hearing from you.